CALGARY DRUG MANUFACTURING LAWYER
Drug manufacturing/production is a serious offence under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
Production can include the following:
- Manufacturing, synthesizing or using any means of altering the chemical or physical properties of the substance, or
- Cultivating, propagating or harvesting the substance or any living thing from which the substance may be extracted or otherwise obtained, and
- Includes an offer to produce
If convicted, the penalties for production or cultivation of an illegal substance range from maximum jail sentences between 3 years and life, depending on the quantity and type of substance. The cultivation of marijuana in large quantities carries a maximum jail term of 14 years, whereas the production of cocaine or heroin can carry a maximum penalty of life. In determining the appropriate sentence, a number of factors are considered:
- Size of the operation
- Level of sophistication
- Evidence of fortification
- Presence of weapons
- Presence of children
- Threats to health and safety
- Theft of utilities
- Degree of participation (crop-sitter)
- Intended use of drugs (personal vs commercial)
Drug production is an incredibly complex area of law often involving Charter issues relating to the law on search and seizure. Due to its complexity, it is important to have a highly skilled defence lawyer by your side. Cory Wilson has experience successfully representing individuals charged with drug production and is committed to an unwavering defence of such charges.
Call Us To Arrange A Confidential Consultation
To speak with Cory Wilson or arrange a free, no obligation consultation, call 403-978-6052 or email us here.